Choosing the right law firm is essential to the success of any adoption. By not hiring an experienced and passionate attorney who specializes in adoption law, adoptive families take an unnecessary risk with their family’s future, and prospective birth parents may not realize the adoption services allowed to them by law.
The Law Offices of Mary Beck offers all of the necessary legal services to complete an adoption, and many more services that aren’t typically offered by adoption attorneys. These services include:
- Conducting an initial phone call that educates the client of the entire legal process
- Facilitating counseling for the birth parents
- Acquiring financial assistance for the birth mother
- Obtaining prenatal records for the adoptive family
- Setting up an adoption plan and post-placement contact
- Forming a hospital plan
- Terminating parental rights of the birth parents
- Corresponding with each state’s varying adoption laws under the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
- Legally finalizing the adoption and transferring parental rights to the adoptive family
Types of Adoption
Mary and Joanna Beck are experienced in all types of domestic adoption law, and can help legally finalize…
- Newborn adoptions
- Foster care adoptions
- Step-parent adoptions
- Second-parent adoptions
- Adult adoptions
- Single-parent adoptions
- Same-sex adoptions
- Intrastate and Interstate adoptions
- Intercountry adoptions
Because all states have varying adoption laws, and because so many adoptions happen in separate states, it is imperative for an adoption attorney to understand the laws of each state.
Mary Beck is a member of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, which is comprised of adoption attorneys from all 50 states who meet twice every year to discuss new developments and case law in adoption. Mary Beck’s membership allows her to keep abreast on each state’s adoption laws so that every adoption complies with Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC) guidelines.
This assures prospective adoptive parents and birth parents that their adoption will be completed to the fullest extent of each state’s laws.
If you have identified an adoptive family or birth mother for placement, or if you have a question about the adoption process, contact The Law Offices of Mary Beck for a free consultation.